Special Offer Through Dec. 31, 2014! Candidate fee for first year: $50.00 - JOIN TODAY!
Pay dues & activate your membership by selecting one of these options:
National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis80 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1501 New York , NY 10011
- By PayPal - CLICK HERE for Online Membership Dues Payment Process.
- By phone - 212-741-0515
- By mail - download application and send with check to:
2015 MEMBERSHIP DUES
PSYCHOANALYST/PSYCHOANALYTIC PSYCHOTHERAPIST (P): $310 - certified graduate as a psychoanalyst from an ABAP-accredited institute OR from a non-ABAP institute that offers equivalent training. The following minimum requirements must be met:
- accredited Master's Degree
- minimum of 300 hours personal (individual) analysis with a certified psychoanalyst
- 50 hours of supervision on one case with a certified psychoanalyst/supervisor
- minimum of 100 hours additional supervision, not necessarily on one case, 50 of which must be with a second supervisor. Each supervisor shall be a certified psychoanalyst with a minimum of 5 years experience in the practice of psychoanalysis. No supervisor may ever be one's personal analyst.
- 300 hours of supervised clinical experience with analysands
- 36 credit hours (Carnegie Units) of courses on theory and technique.
Application Fee for Psychoanalyst Membership: $50
CANDIDATE (C): $130 - for candidates-in-training at ABAP-accredited, or equivalent, institutes or programs. Eligible students are those who can document that they:
- are officially enrolled in their institute
- are engaged in the supervised practice of psychoanalysis
RESEARCH, ACADEMIC, MENTAL HEALTH AFFILIATE (RAMH): $100
- Research Affiliate - available to scientists whose research is relevant to the practice of psychoanalysis
- Academic Affiliate - open to educators who have a psychoanalytically informed orientation to education
- Mental Health Affiliate - available to members of other professions who have demonstrated an interest in psychoanalysis
FRIEND OF PSYCHOANALYSIS (F): $100 - for members of the public who are interested in psychoanalysis. This category is intended to provide public representation to NAAP and to educate the community about our goals and activities.
ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIP (ORG): $500 - open to any psychoanalytic organization or training institute that:
- supports the educational and training endeavors of psychoanalysts from different perspectives and encourages a dialogue among those perspectives.
- wishes to collaborate with other psychoanalytic organizations to help understand new developments in psychoanalysis.
- Professional Recognition
- Legislative Advocacy
- Opportunity for Professional Advancement
- Continuing Education Credits (CEC)
- Listing in Psychoanalysts Registry
- Registration Number for Psychoanalysts
- Association Dental/Medical Plan
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Third-Party Payment Service
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Income Protection Plan
- Discounted Car & Home Insurance
- Special Membership Events
- Educational Seminars & Scientific Conferences
- NAAP Newsletter, E-Bulletin & other Publications
- Development of Psychoanalysis
- Travel Service
- Website Listing