With the help and advocacy of our lobbyists, NAAP has benefited in the NYS Attorney General's settlement with ValueOptions insurance–a first step toward our goal of parity in reimbursement.
We continue to negotiate and advocate for complete parity for psychoanalysts regarding insurance reimbursement. This includes communicating with the state Attorney General regarding our inclusion in Timothy's Law.
Additionally, we are actively supporting and advocating legislation that would mandate insurance companies' providing OON coverage under the ACA.
New York State's Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) is compiling an authorized listing of agencies and professionals who can provide screening, assessment, and treatment of alcohol and substance abuse dependency for individuals charged with or convicted of impaired driving.
This approved list consists of OASAS-certified programs and individual practitioners who hold one or more eligible licenses* issued by the NYS Education Dept. and who meet one or more of the following criteria:
|1. current Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC); and/or
2. certified as US Dept. of Transportation Substance Abuse Professional; and/or
3. hold another national chemical dependence/addictions specific certification; and/or
4. have minimum of 4,000 hours' clinical screening, assessment, or treatment experience in an OASAS-certified program or similarly certified state or federal program; and/or
5. have minimum of 4,000 hours' experience conducting clinical screenings, assessments, or treatment for substance abuse clients in an alternative work setting.
* Eligible Licensed Professions include Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychoanalyst, Psychologist, and Nurse Practitioner.
Join the OASAS list by contacting OASAS Impaired Driver Services.