Co-sponsored by NAAP
Trauma & Resilience: Recovery and Growth
First, explore the nature of trauma: its definition, the ways in which it can occur, and typical trauma responses. Phenomena associated with stress responses, unexpected situations that can trigger them, and the residual, aftereffects of both sudden, overwhelming stress and prolonged, repetitive trauma are examined.
Second, explore the concept of resilience: its role in healthy adaptation to life challenges, and ways to proactively build resilience skills. What allows one person to be more resilient than the next?
Throughout the course we will discuss clinical skills and communication strategies for use in working with trauma reactions, as well as exploring the impact of trauma work on clinicians. What are strategies for helping mental health professionals not only avoid burnout but benefit from this challenging work?
Each class will present opportunity for group participation and presentation of clinical case issues.
Call Lori Feigenbaum 973-629-1002
Or email email@example.com
CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
- ACAP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ACAP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- BGSP-NJ partners with ACAP and is a NECHE regionally accredited institution, and as such is an approved provider of CE hours for NJ Social Workers.
- Academy of Clinical and Applied Psychoanalysis (ACAP) has been approved by NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACAP #5709. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. ACAP is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Academy of Clinical and Applied Psychoanalysis is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider Number: P297-4/18-21.
- ACAP, an ABAP nationally accredited school, is an approved CE provider for Psychoanalysts in New Jersey.
- ACAP is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists #CAT-0081
National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of continuing education for licensed psychoanalysts. #P-0019.
National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0168