As of March 2017, NAAP is an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychoanalysts.
From January 1, 2017, Licensed Psychoanalysts (LPs) must complete 36 hours of approved CE courses for each triennial registration period. No more than 12 hours of CE activities in any 36-month period, or one-third of the total hours in periods of other length, may consist of self-study educational activities from New York State Education Department approved providers.
Visit NYSED for full information: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/mhp/psyanlcehome.htm .
Let NAAP co-sponsor your event!
As well as hosting our own annual conference, we co-sponsor events with member institutes at their request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsoring information.
We provide CE certificates of attendance by email, on request, for a small fee. To get a certificate you must attend the full event and submit a signed evaluation at the end. Check our events page for a current listing of events, or contact NAAP to enquire about CEs for your profession.
The National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychoanalysts #P-0019.
Approved CE providers as of May 2017
- Center for Human Development – www.chdny.org
- Center for Modern Psychoanalytic Studies – www.cmps.edu
- C. G. Jung Institute of New York – www.junginstitute.org
- Gestalt Associates for Psychotherapy – www.gestaltassociates.org
- Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy & Training – www.gestaltnyc.org
- National Institute for the Psychotherapies – www.nipinst.org
- National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis – www.npap.org
- The Center for Group Studies – www.groupcenter.org
- Washington Square Institute for Psychotherapy and Mental Health – www.wsi.org