JOIN TODAY! Pay dues and activate/renew your membership by selecting one of these options:
- Online registration with PayPal Pay Online
- By phone – 212-741-0515
- By mail – download application and send with check to:
National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis
850 Seventh Avenue, Suite 800
New York, NY 10019
2019 MEMBERSHIP DUES
Membership runs from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2019.
PSYCHOANALYST (P): $315 – for certified graduate psychoanalysts from an ABAP-accredited institute OR from a non-ABAP institute that offers equivalent training. The following minimum requirements must be met:
- an accredited Master’s degree or higher;
- 36 Carnegie Units/450 clock hours of courses on theory and technique in psychoanalysis; and
- 1,500 hours in clinical experience, including a minimum of the following:
- 300 hours of personal (individual) analysis with a certified analyst;
- 200 hours of individual supervision, with a minimum of 3 certified psychoanalyst supervisors, to include 50 hours on 1 case with one supervisor and 50 hours on 1 or more cases with a second supervisor; and
- 1,000 hours of supervised clinical experience of which 250 hours may consist of group supervision, case conference supervision, and continuing clinical education experience.
Each supervisor and training analyst must be a certified psychoanalyst with a minimum of 3 years’ post-certification experience of psychoanalytic practice. No supervisor is allowed to be the applicant’s personal analyst.
Application Fee: $50
CANDIDATE (C): $80 – for candidates-in-training at ABAP-accredited or equivalent institutes or programs. Eligible students must be able to prove that they are:
- officially enrolled in their institute; and
- engaged in the supervised practice of psychoanalysis.
RESEARCH, ACADEMIC, MENTAL HEALTH AFFILIATE (RAMHA): $105
- Research Affiliate – available to scientists whose research is relevant to the practice of psychoanalysis
- Academic Affiliate – open to educators who have a psychoanalytically informed orientation toward education
- Mental Health Affiliate – available to members of other professions who have demonstrated an interest in psychoanalysis
FRIEND of PSYCHOANALYSIS (F): $105 – for the layperson interested in psychoanalysis. Friends provide public representation to NAAP and help to spread the word about our goals and activities.
ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIP (ORG): $505 – for any psychoanalytic organization or training institute that:
- supports the educational and training endeavors of psychoanalysts from different perspectives and encourages dialogue among those perspectives, and
- wishes to collaborate with other psychoanalytic organizations to help understand new developments in psychoanalysis.