JOIN TODAY! Pay dues and activate/renew your membership by selecting one of these options:
- Online registration with PayPal Pay Online
- By phone – 212-741-0515
- By mail – download application and send with check to:
National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis
850 Seventh Avenue, Suite 800
New York, NY 10019
2017 MEMBERSHIP DUES
PSYCHOANALYST (P): $315 – for certified graduate psychoanalysts from an ABAP-accredited institute OR from a non-ABAP institute that offers equivalent training. The following minimum requirements must be met:
- an accredited Master’s degree or higher;
- 36 Carnegie Units/450 clock hours of courses on theory and technique in psychoanalysis; and
- 1,500 hours in clinical experience, including a minimum of the following:
- 300 hours of personal (individual) analysis with a certified analyst;
- 200 hours of individual supervision, with a minimum of 3 certified psychoanalyst supervisors, to include 50 hours on 1 case with one supervisor and 50 hours on 1 or more cases with a second supervisor; and
- 1,000 hours of supervised clinical experience of which 250 hours may consist of group supervision, case conference supervision, and continuing clinical education experience.
Each supervisor and training analyst must be a certified psychoanalyst with a minimum of 3 years’ post-certification experience of psychoanalytic practice. No supervisor is allowed to be the applicant’s personal analyst.
Application Fee: $50
CANDIDATE (C): $80 – for candidates-in-training at ABAP-accredited or equivalent institutes or programs. Eligible students must be able to prove that they are:
- officially enrolled in their institute; and
- engaged in the supervised practice of psychoanalysis.
RESEARCH, ACADEMIC, MENTAL HEALTH AFFILIATE (RAMHA): $105
- Research Affiliate – available to scientists whose research is relevant to the practice of psychoanalysis
- Academic Affiliate – open to educators who have a psychoanalytically informed orientation toward education
- Mental Health Affiliate – available to members of other professions who have demonstrated an interest in psychoanalysis
FRIEND of PSYCHOANALYSIS (F): $105 – for the layperson interested in psychoanalysis. Friends provide public representation to NAAP and help to spread the word about our goals and activities.
ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIP (ORG): $505 – for any psychoanalytic organization or training institute that:
- supports the educational and training endeavors of psychoanalysts from different perspectives and encourages dialogue among those perspectives, and
- wishes to collaborate with other psychoanalytic organizations to help understand new developments in psychoanalysis.